Through this post, we will tell you about Mirabai Chanu’s biography today. Many other intriguing facts about her life will be revealed through similar postings. Mirabai Chanu was born on August 8, 1994, in New Delhi, India. Mirabai Chanu is a weightlifter from India.
She earned a silver medal in the women’s 49 kg event at the Tokyo Olympics, giving India its first medal. Mirabai has also been honored by India’s Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, for winning home a silver medal from this competition. “India is full of happiness,” he said. Read this entire page for additional unknown facts about Mirabai Chanu’s biography.
Mirabai Chanu winning moment in Olympics 2020 at Tokyo
In Tokyo’s Olympic 2021, Mirabai Chanu earned a silver medal in the 49kg division for India on July 25. Her best snatch was 87 kilograms, along with the lift of 115kg; she won the silver medal for India. Chanu is a 26-year-old woman and lifted a total of 202 kilograms in Tokyo’s Olympics. In the 2000 Sydney Olympics, Karnam Malleswari won the Bronze medal for India in powerlifting. Mirabai Chanu is the second person to bring an award in sports for India.
Let’s know something about the life of our glorious champion Mirabai Chanu.
- Mirabai Chanu’s full name is Saikhom Mirabai Chanu.
- Mirabai Chanu is a woman from India. On August 8, 1994, Saikhom Mirabai Chanu was born. Mirabai Chanu is a weightlifter from India.
- In Tokyo’s Olympic Mirabai helped India in getting its first silver medal in 49 kg weight lifting.
- Mirabai has also been honored by India’s Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, for winning home a silver medal from this competition.
Declaring that “India is full of delight,” she made her debut and gave a fantastic performance. Since 2014, I’ve been in the 48 kg division. Chanu has competed in international competitions regularly, winning World Championships and several Commonwealth Games medals. Mirabai Chanu had a passion for this activity since she was a youngster and was always willing to help the country.
Let’s know about Mirabai Chanu achievements
- For her outstanding performance in sports, she is awarded the Padma Shri award by the Indian government.
- In 2018 she was honored with the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award.
- During the snatch event, Mirabai Chanu began the competition by lifting 84 kg on her first try.
- Jourdan Delacruz of the United States lifted 83 kilograms on her first try, but Chanu increased the ante to 87 kilograms in her second attempt, while Delacruz hoisted 86 kilograms.
- China’s Hoi Zhuihui, the world champion, led the rankings halfway through after carrying 92kg in two tries.
- In their third try, Chanu and Delacruz failed to lift 89 kg, leaving Zhuihui to maintain his lead. By lifting 94 kilograms on her third and final lift, the Chinese weightlifter set a new Olympic record in the snatch.
Mirabai Chanu is an excellent lady who has demonstrated that women are not inferior to men. Read this entire page to learn everything there is to know about MirabaiChanu’s life. It is always said that hard work pays off; after seeing Mirabai fulfilling her dream of making the country proud at an international level; it proves it and is enough to inspire others.